While dealing with an injury from an accident is always an incredibly challenging time, it can ultimately be a force of change for the better in the long run. The result hinges upon who you choose to represent you.
You want your personal injury attorney to be an experienced professional with the dedication and resources to see your case through and the expertise necessary to guide your type of case to a successful conclusion. Making a list can help ensure you do not miss anything important!
The Ideal Personal Injury Attorney
Your personal injury attorney is your advocate and guide through the confusing maze of legal processes. It can help to make a list of what traits you require, and which ones you hope to find but might be willing to compromise on. This will keep you organized and ensure no vital qualifications slip through the cracks.
- The best personal injury attorney will have experience with your specific type of case. They will have a focused practice, and specialize in the area you need. While some attorneys attempt to do everything, you will get better results from a more narrow focus.
- Find an attorney with trial experience. While many attorneys will claim to handle personal injury cases, not all of them have taken their cases to trial. Insurance companies know which attorneys will fight their cases all the way to court instead of settling fast. This gives you an advantage.
- Check your attorney’s track record. You will want one with a proven record of successes and accomplishments.
- Find an attorney who represents only accident victims. Firms exist who will take cases from both insurance companies and victims, which calls their loyalty to your case into question. Stick with one whose focus is on the victims.
- Ensure your attorney is licensed to practice in your state.
- Select a personal injury attorney who has the necessary resources to see your case through to the end. They should have staff dedicated to your case, as well as the resources to hire experts or other needed personnel.
Gather Recommendations for a Personal Injury Attorney
Once you have made your list, it is time to ask for recommendations. It is natural to ask your friends and family who they have had success with. Searching within your network is a great place to start. Other ways to find an attorney you trust include:
- References from other attorneys. If another lawyer will recommend a personal injury attorney to you, that is a mark of quality.
- Satisfied clients will often happily attest to an attorney’s skill. Seek reviews or testimonials from other clients.
- Ratings with professional programs. Make sure your attorney is in good standing with your state and local bar associations. You could also check online ratings guides, that serve as an objective third party review of an attorney’s skill and reputation. Some highly esteemed ones are:
Steven A. Bagen & Associates Stands with Accident Victims
When you need skilled, dedicated personal injury attorneys who always have your best interests at heart, you will find them in the offices of Steven A. Bagen & Associates. Contact us today for a free evaluation of your case.